PhD PositionsThe astrophysics group welcomes applications for PhD study. Applicants are encouraged to contact potential supervisors by email before applying. Projects currently advertised are listed below with a link for further information. For a full list of PhD projects in the School of Physics and Astronomy see here.
Current projects (title/supervisor):
- Observational studies of massive star formation – Dr Stuart Lumsden
- Probing the molecular composition of planet-forming regions with ALMA – Dr Catherine Walsh
- The Non-thermal Emission from Colliding Winds Binaries – Dr Julian Pittard
- A Comparative Study of Metallic Ions in the Atmospheres of Earth and Mars – Prof John Plane (Chemistry), Prof Dan Marsh and Dr Wuhu Feng (Earth and Environment)
- The kinetics of astrochemical and planetary reactions studied at very low temperatures – Prof Dwayne Heard (Chemistry) and Dr Catherine Walsh
- Hydrogen Explosion Safety Management – Dr Sven Van Loo and Dr Junfeng Yang (Mechanical Engineering)